There may be many different reasons why you may have deleted, reset or just formatted your smartphone and now you wanna recover deleted text messages on your phone. I can understand and that happens most of the time with us. Today, I’ve brought to you the tricks using which you can easily retrieve deleted messages from your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Look, this happens almost with everyone where we delete some messages and later on we need them to back it up. 99% of the time after format or restore, we need to recover deleted photos, videos, text messages and contacts from the phone. And here, backup comes as a handy way to restore them.
Today, we’ll learn how we can do that.
How to recover deleted or formatted text messages from iPhone using iCloud
iCloud regularly takes a backup of your content whether it is text messages, contacts, photos and pictures and also videos. You can try iCloud to recover or retrieve deleted messages and other contents.
- Open iCloud.com and log in using Apple ID that you were using on your iPhone.
- Tap on the iMessage option. There will be many messages that you got on your iPhone. Look for desired messages.
- Now, come to your iPhone and open the Settings app. You will need to check the “Apple ID and iCloud” option.
- Tap on iCloud and switch off iCloud messages.
- iOS will ask you whether you want to retrieve text messages on your phone? Choose “Keep on My iPhone”.
- Now, switch back the iCloud slider for messages.
- iOS will show you a pop-up and ask you to Merge or delete. Select the “Merge” option here.
- After a few seconds, you’ll see that all your iCloud messages are back on your iPhone.
Make sure that you’ve turned on your iCloud settings to backup text messages, photos, pictures and videos along with contact too. This way, it will be very easy to bring back your deleted text messages and other contents.
How you can retrieve deleted Messages using iTunes
You can restore deleted messages as well as pictures and photos. Yep, contacts are also can be recovered using iTunes. The condition is you must have backed it up properly to restore it later on.
- You’ll need a computer that you can use to back your deleted messages on your phone again.
- Connect iPhone in which you want to restore deleted text messages to the computer using a data cable.
- If you’re using Mac, then it may have installed iTunes in it. Use it to restore iPhone contents.
- To do that open iTunes, head to your phone and tap on Restore iPhone.
- That’s all done.
You’ll notice that you retrieved all deleted text messages, pictures and videos as well as contact back to your iPhone.
To recover your deleted text messages or any deleted contents you must have stored a backup somewhere. You can use iTunes, iCloud or any third-party software available on the web. In short, without backup, it will be nearly impossible to restore deleted messages, contacts or multimedia contents.
If you are using an Android phone, this process can be even easier using any backup application available on Google Play Store. But, on Android also, you must have taken a backup before trying to recover deleted contents.
Please use the below form to express your point of view and choice of which method or software you use to backup and retrieve lost messages, videos and photos.