How to Downgrade iOS 18.104.22.168 to iOS 11.1.2 (Restore iOS 11.1.2 from iOS22.214.171.124)
Downgrade iOS 126.96.36.199 to iOS 11.1.2 for iPhone, iPad…
Apple unveiled incredible firmware update for iOS users which is full of jailbreak tweaks and the features which was demanded by Cydia users as well.
The excitement is huge and so most of the users have taken a hurry decision to upgrade their firmware which is now reversible to iOS 11.1.2.
As iOS 188.8.131.52 beta is available for public testers so more and more users are trying iOS 184.108.40.206 and most of them are unhappy with the buggy beta.
Yeah, PanGu has demoed iOS 220.127.116.11 jailbreak which was based on beta firmware, but it won’t be out until the final version but before that PanGu may release iOS 11.1.2 and this could be another reason for downgrade iOS 18.104.22.168 to iOS 11.1.2.
We had tried iOS 10.3 which was buggy and apps ware crashing with slow control center access. Couple of times Notification center and control center was not accessible. iOS 10.3 lockscreen widgets were buggy.
These were the primary reasons for downgrade iOS 22.214.171.124 back to iOS 11.1.2 which is most recent and latest update. We know that there are thousands of users who want to know the exact process which we done to downgrade iOS 126.96.36.199 to iOS 11.1.2.
Okay, here is the same exact steps with screenshot that would show you how to downgrade iOS 188.8.131.52 to iOS 11.1.2 or any other stable version which could be iOS 11.1.2 at last. You won’t be able to downgrade iOS 184.108.40.206 to iOS 9.3.3 or long back versions.
There are couple things which you should note before proceeding downgrade iOS220.127.116.11 to iOS 11.1.2 or any other version specially while downgrading…
- iOS 11.1.2 is only the option to restore back from iOS 18.104.22.168 which you should remember before proceeding. One more thing that it’s totally depend on Apple singing firmware. If Apple would stop signing iOS 11.1.2 you won’t be able to downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 and this is the same for iOS 10.1.1 too. Suppose, if Apple releases iOS 22.214.171.124 final, Apple would stop signing iOS 11.1.2 and then you won’t downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 at any cost.
- Backup is always recommended because if anything goes wrong, you’d have chance to get your data from previous data backup. So before starting iOS 126.96.36.199 downgrade, I would recommend to keep backup.
- You can restore your old iOS 11.1.2 backup from data backup which may be large so the time of downgrade iOS 188.8.131.52 depends on your data backup size. But, if you’re restoring to fresh iOS 11.1.2 then you won’t need data backup at all and in this situation, iOS 184.108.40.206 downgrade would be fast enough.
- Before starting downgrading process, it’s always recommended to download or save Photos and videos with contacts and SMS to separate computer or device before thinking to downgrade iOS 220.127.116.11 or any other firmware because this process may delete whole data from your device.
How to Downgrade iOS 18.104.22.168 and Restore iOS 11.1.2
I have tried to cover each and every step which is necessary to know in order to successfully downgrade iOS 22.214.171.124 to iOS 11.1.2 or the firmware which is compatible for restore. Take a look…
Step 1: The first and initial step is to download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW, You can downgrade to iOS 10.1.1 and if you willing so, you need iOS 10.1.1 IPSW in that case. In short, you need IPSW files to downgrade iOS 126.96.36.199 to previous version. But again, you can use iTunes to restore most compatible and latest firmware to restore and in that case you won’t need iOS 11.1.2 IPSW to downgrade to iOS 11.1.2.
Step 2: You must know how to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU to downgrade iOS 188.8.131.52. Keep a closer look at below steps…
- When you connect your iPhone to computer, you need to turn off your device by following method.
- Hold Power button which you use to turn on device and swipe to turn it off.
- The next step is Hold Power button again at least 3 secs.
- Now without releasing Power button you need to press Home button and hold it.
- About after 10 secs release power button but don’t release home button until you see iTunes pop up that would show below screen.
- If you see above screen, it means you’re on recovery mode. Now, you’re ready to downgrade iOS 184.108.40.206. Just press Ok button to proceed.
- Now the main step comes. You need to hold Option/Alt button if you’re using Mac or Hold Shift button if you’re using Windows to restore iOS 11.1.2.
- You’d get below screen when you would perform above step to downgrade iOS 220.127.116.11 where you can tap on Check updates or just restore iPhone to most stable recent update.
- Select the IPSW file which you’ve downloaded in the first step. If you’re willing to Download to iOS 11.1.2, you need to browser and select iOS 11.1.2 IPSW file and if you’re planning to go back to iOS 11.1.2, choose that IPSW file and press “Restore and Update” button.
- Just agree to the terms and condition and continue it. iTunes would load up IPSW files and continue downgrade iOS 18.104.22.168 to iOS 11.1.2 whatever you’ve chosen in the above step.
Step 3: You’re welcome to comment system if you’ve any issues or confusion in downloading process. It may be possible that you encounter couple of iTunes errors while downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 or any version you want.
So, it’s always nice idea to ask the question from expert or the users who have already downgraded iOS 22.214.171.124 previously.
Updated on 31-1-2017: Apple has stopped signing iOS 11.1.2. It means you can directly downgrade iOS 126.96.36.199 to iOS 11.1.2. If you wanna downgrade to iOS 11.1.2, you need to use Prometheus or other TinyUmbrella or iFaith tool to downgrade.
If you’ve anything to ask, please comment…