We understand your concern to delete your Instagram account. Reason may be anything, but if you’ve decided to delete your account, we’ll help you in the best and simplest way. We’ll show you how you can temporarily deactivate or disable your account.
Please pay attention to a few things before proceeding to delete the account. This social media platform offers the facility to comment, follow any user, likes and many things. Now, if you consider deleting Instagram profile, it means you’ll lose your followers, the list whom you following, all your comments, all the histories related to your likes and dislikes including all your reactions in form of emojis. And, this deletion will be forever for lifetime.
Unfortunately, this social media app doesn’t offer account reactivation once you delete Instagram account. So, we suggest you just deactivate your social media account until you don’t come on final decision. Once, you back up all the data and are sure about the action, delete Iyour nstagram account permanently. Hope you understand what we’re saying.
First Temporarily Deactivate your Instagram account
Look, as we said above deleting a complete account isn’t a solution for now. In hurry, you’ll lose up all your data, records and history. So, better to deactivate your Instagram profile and gather all the important data or just review it so that you’re not losing any important data, videos, images or comments.
Again, if you’ll remove your Instagram account permanently, you won’t be able to recover the data. But, if you’ll deactivate your account, you can reactivate your Instagram account or delete the account permanently later on. Below are the steps to deactivate your account.
The steps are the same for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows or Android operating systems, so follow the below steps on whatever device you’ve…
- Log in to your social media profile using Instagram Login Page if it is working properly.
- After logging in, tap on your profile picture and choose “Edit Profile”.
- In the Profile Edit menu, you’ll see the “Temporarily Disable My Account” option, scroll down for it.
- To disable Instagram Account, the system will ask the reason. Choose any relative reason.
- When you’ll choose the reason and answer for it, the deactivation button will appear.
- System will ask you to enter your password, do it.
- Finally, click on “Temporarily Disable Account”.
Your Instagram deactivation request will be accepted and it will be disabled until you reactivate it again. After doing this, we suggest you consider reviewing your decision once again and make a final call.
How you can delete your Instagram Account Permanently
Remember, you won’t get the delete account option on the app of your smartphone. You’ll need to browse the website and for that, you must have a browser to delete your account. Follow steps…
- Open the Instagram website on a smartphone or computer browser.
- Now the tricky part is, that there’s a link which is used to delete your Instagram account permanently, you’ll need it to access it. Here it is: https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- You want to use the exact link to remove your Instagram account permanently. So, click on it and proceed with it.
- Again here, you’ll need to choose an answer for the deletion of your Instagram profile.
- Choose an answer and proceed.
- Enter your password as asked by the social media platform.
- Finally, Tap on the Delete Your Account Permanently button.
Social Media Platform will take 30 to 90 days to completely remove your content and delete your account on Instagram. But, relax because no one will be able to access or view your data during this period. So, you’ve just removed your account from the social media platform.
Why you should consider deleting your Instagram account?
It is now a universal fact how these social media platform harms us. Whether you consider mental health, vision or other side effects or you just think of your data leak that can be happened with any social media applications.
According to other sources, Facebook, Instagram and even other giant social media platforms lost user data. In many ways, our data gets leaked to third-party websites, companies and clients. They’ll start receiving calls for trading, travel or for many other things related to your activity on that particular social media platform.
If you’ve decided to delete your Instagram account, we’ve helped you with how to do that. Follow that and if you still have any queries, you can ask in the comment section.
We will suggest you deactivate your Instagram account instead of deletion. Once you deactivate your profile, request to download your pictures, videos and other contents so that in any case, you won’t lose your important data.
When you successfully received your data contents, you can approach deleting the account. Best luck.
1 thought on “How to Delete Instagram Account”
Well explained the critical topic. Actually, when I was trying to clear my account data, the stock app says your account is deactivated mode and you can’t make changes. I wanted to know how do you delete an instagram account exactly?